"Professionals in Early Childhood Education"
Our child care centres have been synonymous with high quality, professional early childhood care and education since 1993 when Robyn Briggs and her family purposely designed and built their first long day care and education centre. Since then the organisation has grown to three centres; all the while ensuring, through experienced management and dedicated early childhood educators, that the centres remain committed to nurturing and supporting the individual needs and values of each child and their family.
At each centre high quality care and education for every child in their formative years (including the Kindergarten Year) is a priority; as is creating a safe, healthy and welcoming environment and responsive, respectful relationships.
Each of the three centres are as unique as their individual environments and community (educators and families).
Prior Street Child Care & Development has been owned and operated by the Briggs Family since 2007
In a welcoming and supportive environment, the centre offers...
- Experienced, qualified management staff and educators – Including an involved, hands on Approved Provider, a non contact Nominated Supervisor, a dedicated professional team of educators.
- Our educators have - First Aid certificates (including Anaphylaxis and Asthma training), Suitability Checks (for working with children), recognised Bachelor / Diploma / Certificate 3 early childhood qualifications (or studying).
- A purpose built, well maintained environment offering high quality care and education to children from nursery (6 weeks) to Kindergarten (5 years)
- Spacious, well resourced indoor spaces opening onto large outdoor environments
- Nutritious menus offering morning tea, lunch, afternoon and late afternoon tea.
- A kitchen holding a Food Business License with the Brisbane City Council and a 5 Star Eat Safe in Brisbane rating; along with an Accredited Food Safety Program implemented by qualified and experienced Food Safety Supervisor.
- Controlled security access to the building.
- Fully ducted air conditioning – warm in winter, cool in summer.
- Nappies for babies and toddlers.
- The centre operates under the National legislation of ACECQA (Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority) which is overseen on a local level by the OECEC (Office of Early Childhood Education and Care)
- The centre's 4 year qualified early childhood teacher implements a Queensland Government Approved Kindergarten Program (Department of Education, Training and Employment). Further, our teacher is registered with the Queensland College of Teachers.
- The centre is a member of several professional organisations including – Australian Childcare Alliance, Nutrition Australia and The Workforce Council.
- Extra curricular intra-centre activities to compliment the programs, while also supporting the needs and interests of the community.
The purpose of this website including online waiting list application is to provide information specifically about the centre and in links, other services related to long day care.
Thank you for visiting www.psccd.com.au
This is an online information service managed by the centre via Weebly. We respect and protect the privacy of our users.
The only instances in which we collect personal information on this site will be should you input information to complete a waiting list application or should you submit a query. This information is only used within our organisation to answer your query or to lodge a waiting list application.
Cloudbridge have developed the centres online waiting list application; while Weebly have been used to develop the web site. They each hold their own privacy policies.
Weebly privacy - https://www.weebly.com/au/privacy
The centre has a Privacy and Confidentiality policy