- Holds a Food Business License with the Brisbane City Council.
- Has a Brisbane City Council approved Food Safety program, which is implemented by a qualified Food Safety Supervisor.
- Has been awarded a 5 Star Eat Safe in Brisbane rating by the Brisbane City Council.
- Our experienced cook (Food Safety Supervisor) freshly prepares meals daily to meet the dietary needs of growing children; catering to over 100 children each week.
- High quality, nutritious food is prepared on site then served four times a day including morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and late afternoon tea.
- Meal ingredients reflect a variety of flavours, colours, textures and cultures.
- Where possible, ingredients grown in our own vegetable and herb gardens are used.
Meet our Cook / Food Safety Supervisor
Kathy joined the Prior Street team in 2017. She qualified as a Chef and Pastry Chef in 2010. She has always been passionate about cooking and has a special interest in food from different cultures. Cathy has worked in various restaurants, cooking a variety of cuisines, desserts and pastries. Kathy enjoys cooking fresh and delicious food for the children including lots of fresh fruit and vegetables.
Of a Thursday and Friday, you will find Mate working in the kitchen as the Food Safety Supervisor. She has completed a Food Safety Supervisor’s course and is passionate about using fresh produce and ingredients when creating meals. MaTe, who has worked at Prior Street Child Care and Development since 2016 also works as an assistant educator and is studying a Diploma in Children’s Services. MaTe enjoys working with different age groups, responding to their needs and interests whilst promoting learning through play. In her spare time she enjoys hiking, traveling, cooking and outings with friends.